Information for RV and tent campers
Dry camping and RV parking are available adjacent to the festival grounds with overflow
camping nearby. Campers will be assigned spots on a first come, first served basis,
although you can pre-pay for your campsite when purchasing your festival tickets online.
Pre-paying guarantees you a campsite. High Mountain Hay Fever will accept camping
reservations for a limited number of RV clubs. Camping opens at noon on the Thursday
the festival opens and campers must exit the campground no later than 10 am the following Monday. See below for details.
- There will no longer be a designated “quiet” area. Our camp hosts will do their best to accommodate those that want a more quiet area, but there is no designated quiet area.
- Pet camping options have been expanded. Please let our camp hosts know about your pets as you register at the camping entrance.
- NO overnight parking is allowed in the Town of Westcliffe parking lot on Rosita Ave.
High Mountain Hay Fever will accept camping reservations for a limited number of RV clubs. RV clubs must:
- Make reservations for a minimum of 8 RVs that are club members
- Purchase festival tickets at the time camping reservations are made
- Provide confirmation that the camping reservation is for a viable RV club; website, organization charter, etc.
- Provide the size of the recreational vehicles
- Provide a single point of contact for communication
- RV clubs will observe the published dates and hours for festival camping
- Provide a list of RV club attendees by June 15.
Camping Arrival and General Guidelines
- A camping fee of $20 per site will be charged covering your entire festival stay (Thursday noon thru Monday 10am) to be paid on entering the festival grounds if not paid in advance.
- Camping opens at noon the Thursday of the Festival and campers must exit the campground no later than 10 am the following Monday after the Festival.
- Camping is on a first come, first served basis but there is plenty of space.
- Upon check-in, you will be issued a campground pass to be displayed and visible in the windshield of your vehicle. Vehicles may leave and re-enter the camping area, but no vehicle will be admitted to the camping area without a camping pass.
- Wristbands must be worn at all times in the campground as well as on the rest of the festival grounds.
- High Mountain Hay Fever is not responsible and any lost or stolen articles.
- No overnight camping is allowed in the day parking areas.
- There are no electrical or water hookups in the festival camping area. If you prefer a full service campground, local options are also listed below and shown on the "Where to stay" page.
- Quiet hours will be enforced from 10 pm each evening until 7 am the following morning. This means RV generators must be shut down and ATVs and motorcycles cannot be used in the main camping areas during these times.
- For tent campers, shower facilties are available at our community Rec Center, Club America. Call 719-783-0750 for details or go to the Club America website
PLEASE NOTE: Jamming is allowed, expected and encouraged in the main camping areas, even after 10:00 pm and until a reasonable hour.
If you and a number of friends want to camp together in a group, we will do our best to accommodate you. Please send an email message to us via the Contacts page with the following information: the name under which the reservation should be listed (you'll need to inform your group mates), the number of sites required, whether you want the quiet area or general area, and the size of the camping units based on the following specifications:
TYPE I: RV or 5th Wheel greater than 28 feet in length
TYPE II: RV or 5th Wheel 28 feet in length or less
TYPE III: Trailer greater than 24 feet in length
TYPE IV: Trailer 24 feet in length or less
TYPE V: Camper/Van/Class C
TYPE VI: Tent
- Campfires are not allowed at any time on the festival grounds, and this includes the camping area.
- Propane fueled barbecue grills are allowed depending on fire restrictions, but charcoal grills are not allowed.
- Note: If a fire ban is in effect at the time of the festival, it is possible that no outdoor burning of any kind will be allowed and this may include propane grills and smoking. Any special restrictions will be posted and/or announced at the site.
- Fireworks are strictly prohibited.
- We will make every effort to make potable water available from a tank on a trailer on site.
- Pets will be allowed in a designated section of the camping area only and a surcharge of $10 for each pet will be levied upon arrival.
- Pet camping options have been expanded to include lots "B" and "C." Please let our camp hosts know about your pets as you register at the camping entrance.
- Pets must be kept on a leash at all times. Owners must clean up after their pets, or will be asked to leave with no refund. Owners of loud or threatening pets will be asked to leave with no refund. Owners are solely responsible for their pets. Pets are not allowed in areas other than the camping area designated for pets.
- NO PETS ARE ALLOWED IN THE PERFORMANCE AREA EXCEPT SERVICE ANIMALS If you need to board your animal, please go here.
RV Dump Stations
RV dump stations are available for a fee at the following locations:
- Wet Mountain RV Park& Cabins; 816 Main Street, Westcliffe, 719-783-2248
- Grape Creek RV Park; approximately 3 miles south of Westcliffe on State Highway 69; entrance on west side of hwy; 719-783-2588.